Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Leigh's Legs

Alexa here dropping in from Pop Elegantiarum again. I recently found this great publicity photo of Janet Leigh in a thrift store. Apparently the film it was shot for, Safari, was a bit of a dud, but I had to have it. I mean, check out those legs, so famously shot by Orson Welles in Touch of Evil! Then I was up all night the other night and I caught John Carpenter's The Fog, and while it was the perfect thing to watch at 3 a.m., I realized that this woman's career ran the gamut from classic to crap. I started wondering what my favorite Janet Leigh performance might be. While not the best of films, I think Holiday Affair might top my list because of the thick sexual tension between her an Robert Mitchum, plopped in the middle a saintly Christmas story. What are your favorites?