Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blog Wars VI: The Return of the Link

I've illustrated this post with the new Toy Story 3 character, Ken. Because... I just can't get over it. What?! There's also a new trailer.

And Your Little Blog, Too has a fine piece on one of my favorites, A Place in the Sun
Dear Jesus skewers one of my least favorites, Seven Brides For Seven Brothers
Film Doctor thoughtful notes on Bright Star
Low Resolution finally sees that Jane Campion effort too. Why did it take people so long to get behind it. Argh. Maybe it should have opened in the Spring/ Summer and worked the Away From Her/Erin Brockovich/La Vie En Rose/Moulin Rouge! type of Oscar track?
Empire Untitled Spider-Man Reboot will be in 3-D. Look, I loved Avatar but every film does not need to be in 3D. How long will this craze last? Until a couple of mega flops arrive I guess.

/Film Waking Sleeping Beauty sounds like a fascinating documentary. Me want
/Film Remember when I told you that Clueless director Amy Heckerling wanted Pfeiffer for her new comedy Vamps? Well, apparently she wants "Cher" too... as in Alicia Silverstone rather than Cher proper.
I'm Not Obsessed Sam Worthington for Dracula Year Zero. Uh oh. Is he going to do anything other than big franchise pics? Now might be the time to prove you can act Sam. Now, while everyone is watching: quick detour into drama. Do it!
The Advocate Portia de Rossi does Mia Farrow's classic People cover (see previous post)
by Ken Levine Julianne Moore (and other movie stars) moving to television, from the tv writer's perspective

A Must Read
Have you read the Mark Harris piece on Oscar politics yet? If you haven't you must carve out the time. It's long but it's so well observed, smart and funny. Harris also wrote my favorite Oscar book -- other than Inside Oscar which is basically my Bible. They should have it in the bedstand of every hotel room -- called Pictures at a Revolution which I'm assuming you've read by now. It's just excellent.
*