Friday, January 5, 2007

Today in Pissing Nathaniel Off...

The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (also known as BAFTA) have released their finalists for acting nominations (from which the traditional five wide nominated shortlists are then drawn) and they have listed Anne Hathaway from The Devil Wears Prada under "Best Supporting Actress"

Supporting !

Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada.

You have to be kidding me. I just. I don't know what to say anymore...

As much as I am beginning to resent my status as an angry broken record on this particular topic, and as much as I wish that more media voices (and voices louder than mine --I don't know, someone cranky and integrity-filled and super famous like, say, Sean Penn) would take on some of this anti-category fraud load, I gotta keep fighting the good fight. I gotta keep shouting until people finally get embarassed. It may take me decades but eventually someone somewhere in the film world will be ashamed.