Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hump Day Hottie: Kathleen Turner

A movie cliché I've never understood: people tearing off each other's clothing in a moment of passion. Don't waste perfectly good clothing, people. Wouldn't you rather unbutton swiftly when the mood strikes? Than you can use the garment again. Conserve.

A movie absurdity I totally understand...


William Hurt smashing his way through a plate glass window to get into Kathleen Turner's skirt in Body Heat (1981). Damn straight.

Kathleen Turner is on my brain...

and not just for the usual 80s nostalgia reasons (she remains my favorite actress from the 80s whose initials aren't MS or MP). She's on my brain because of a freelance article I am working on for another site --I'll link up when it goes live but I think you'll love --and because I am desperate to get my hands around a copy of Send Yourself Roses, her autobiography in which she disses all sorts of people who have no business still being famous. If I have to smash through the windows of Barnes & Noble tomorrow to get one, I will. I could be sensible and order it online but in moments of passion, who can think straight?

previous 'Hump Day Hotties'
Russell "H.W." Harvard , Carice Van Houten is a star and
Beautiful Decay of Helena Bonham-Carter
*