Sunday, January 27, 2008

Late Night SAG

So, I went to a Broadway show (Sunday in the Park with George) tonight instead of seeing SAG live --I haven't been feeling awards season this year what with all the strike business. So I'm still watching it now on rerun when I should be sleeping. My only takeaways so far: Ruby Dee's insane Carol Channingesque glasses, a reminder that I really need to watch Mad Men, another fix of my Krak addiction (Jane Krakowski: "I'm Johnny Depp and I'm an actor"), Mickey Rooney annoyingly making a presenting job into a self-tribute (Dude! It was Charles Durning's night, not yours), Cate Blanchett losing her fashion sense for once, Viggo Mortensen's maroon vest, why is the camera not showing Michelle Pfeiffer (I know she's there! Oh wait, there she is. mmmm), Tilda's cute embarrassment watching her own Michael Clayton clip.

the winners
Ensemble No Country For Old Men
Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis -There Will Be Blood
Actress
Julie Christie -Away From Her
Supporting Actor
Javier Bardem -No Country For Old Men
Supporting Actress Ruby Dee American Gangster (and I really wish I'd printed up predictions because I decided a few days ago that she was going to win the Oscar this year, too)