Sunday, January 13, 2008

Supporting Actor 2007, Mine

Pssst. For those tuning in regularly, I apologize. I made a mistake and had somebody on two separate lists --I'm so disorganized! So the earlier award ("Body of Work" has been altered) and one of them bumped up to this list here.

If there's one acting Oscar that's already locked up, it's probably got the name "Javier Bardem" engraved on it. His demonic "Anton Chigurh" in No Country For Old Men will also be found on my list of best supporting players this year. It's the only arguably lead role I've included (I'm a stickler for category integrity) because there are ways to interpret the movie that place this ghost solidly in support. So I won't buck that particular trend. For the other nominees, I've included two lonely old men (they're so moving, I had to have both), one batshit crazy person, and one exasperated and hard working counter-terrorist.

Read the list and then share your five "If I had an Oscar ballot" choices in the comments. Which men supported their films in a way that really got to you last year?
*