Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Year in Review Pt 3: The Top Ten of 2007

In order to get this up... I'm just publishing as I go. Ah, the rough draft magic of online publishing. The year's best films (13 will be name-checked --you gotta include those honorable mentions) stretch across the Globe from dusty American landscapes to sterile Romanian dormitories. There's milkshakes, damning legal documents, one particularly gobsmacking green dress, and a sensitive hoover repairmen among other things.


Honorable Mentions
If, when you look at the three titles that didn't quite make my top ten list, you feel as if someone has stifled your civil liberties, slit your throat or shot you in the back for fame and existential fortune, please console yourself with the fantasy that all three are tied for 10th place. If I believed in ties they probably would be....

Read the rest...
10... 9... 8... 7... 6... and the top five. My Best Picture Ballot
the film bitch awards have begun
*