Sunday, January 13, 2008

I Did Not Live Blog The FrankenGlobes Awards Show...

... or whatever it is that NBC showed us instead of our beloved Golden Globe party. As a writer I sympathize with the WGA but, geez louise, I don't wanna go without my movie ceremonies. I watched from an empty apartment (Golden Globes night without a bustling party chez moi? Sacrilege!) whilst crying into my pillow. My dear (and hilarious) friend Nick Davis did live-blogging duties.

Update 1: Nick's obsessive posting got gobbled by blogger. But check back tomorrow for a really good laugh. Blogger will work the kinks out. I just hung up with Nick and we're both feeling that maybe it's a Bush dynasty conspiracy since unkind (and funny) things were said. What I want to know is this: We can finally remove the Bush family from the White House in January 2009. But who is going to remove Billy Bush from my television? They all must go! Let's make it a Bush clearance party.

Update 2: If you (wisely) steered clear of that broadcast you can check out the Golden Globe pages for the winners. Too bad there wasn't a ceremony since there were a few interesting surprises. Best Pictures: Atonement (drama) and Sweeney Todd (musical or comedy) You know: the exact movies that everyone has just dumped from their Oscar prediction lists for Best Picture.

I feel you, Cecilia. I feel you

But back to the show. I'll tell you: I can't do this again. If anything else gets cancelled I'm going to f-r-e-a-k. This show was a travesty. So, so, so tacky and inappropriate. Discussing the winners and losers right after they've been announced and who should have won? I never thought I'd say that but this particular development of the mutated version of the Golden Globes was even more embarrassing than the BFCA's "prediction" bragging. I felt like I need a shower after watching it. Bitching about the winners is the game we play at home. That's what parties and editorials and, um, blogging are for. It's not for the telecast you simpletons. That's rude.
*