Thursday, January 17, 2008

Linkspray

Telegraph the generous Johnny Depp
I Watch Stuff takes issue with Smurf movie plans involving the one and only (no longer?) Smurfette
Heroine Content reviews Terminator: The Sarah Connors Chronicles
Anne Thompson on Atonement's Oscar problems. I'm happy to see that someone agrees with my assessment that the withholding (months of hype before screenings and a December release when it opened much earlier elsewhere --Why?) hurt it
PopWatch has Rent memories. The Broadway show finally closes this summer
Everything I Know I Learned... on the Broadway adaptation of CryBaby
Variety The film version of Cormac McCarthy's The Road just added Charlize Theron to the cast. You must read this book. Blew my mind, it did
Movie Marketing Madness on rumors that The Dark Knight is actually more "Two-Face" than "Joker" focused. Will audiences be angry?
Hollywood Reporter Cinematographers Guild to bow down to The Bening. As it should be...

and finally...

Modern Fabulousity continues to contemplate suicide with each new glimpse of Mamma Mia! Me? I could care less if it's terrible. It goes like this: Meryl Streep singing, Amanda Seyfried in a big movie, Christine Baranski and Stellan Skarsgård whenever and for whatever they appear in, song & dance... count me in. For the record, I have never seen the Broadway musical. The idea of it and the idiotic storyline horrifies me. Plus, I freaking l-o-v-e ABBA. Each time the opportunity has arisen I've felt it would be blasphemous to support the show. And yet, and yet... I'm excited for the movie. Welcome to my double standards!!!