Thursday, February 26, 2009

Oh That I Could "Montage"

If I could borrow a power from the movies it wouldn't be flying or super strength or telekinesis or anything typically "super". It would be a "montage" power wherein I could speed up time and shed all extraneous details of life in order to: learn a complicated new skill that takes years to master, get to know someone intimately with zero effort, money or tears, or get in great physical shape with a bare minimum of sweating. In the movies --especially 80s movies or chick flicks -- you can do these things within two to three minutes as a pop song plays. Accomplishment in real life takes way longer.

Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time in months (I suck) and I worked out for the lengths of several pop songs. Nothing sped up in my life. I look exactly the same. Nothing changed other than that I'm stiff and sore today.