Saturday, February 14, 2009

We Can't Wait #4 Avatar

Directed by The King Of The World
Starring Sigourney effn' Weaver, and who the eff cares else. Okay, Sam Worthington is the star, and Zoe "Uhura" Saldana and Michelle Rodriguez are there too, in unknown quantities. Plus... aliens? Thingamajigs? Something.
Synopsis Something about a marine in the distant future recruited to lead an alien race... I'm purposefully keeping myself vague, yo. I don't wanna know more than I have to.
Expected Release Date December 18th, 2009


JA: Unknown is the buzzword. Most of us "plugged-in" types have probably seen the blurry images here and there of what these alien figures look like, and I've been keeping up with it myself despite my better intentions of keeping myself as pure as possible for what Mr. Cameron has in store for us... what can I say, the man is torturing me with the vacuum of information. Too secret, Jim! Too secret! I'm like a drug addict here just begging for something, anything, to keep me from scouring for more and spoiling it all for myself here.

The man has a legacy of blowing ur effing minds to live up too, and he really seems to be trying to do just that. He'd reinvent the wheel if he could. He'd teach us all to walk again! He wants to impress, and so far his record stands. I'm dyin here.

Whitney: And isn't Avatar supposed to change the face of cinema forever? Some kind of 3D-extravaganza that we'll never recover from?

Fox: OK. So, this is getting grittier as hit the final five. First I shrugged at Nathaniel & Whitney's beloved Jane Campion in the # 5 slot, and now I gag at seeing Sigourney Weaver's name (I can't "eff"ing stand her) ...

Nathaniel: Who are you? Sigweavie and Cameron make sacred pair! Do not diss.

JA: Who hates Sigourney Weaver? How is that even possible? That isn't even possible. You're just trying to get a rise out of me now Fox, with your crazy words and nonsense riddles. Ho ho ho, I just laugh heartily at such shenanigans and move along.

Fox: Still, I admit to buying into the hype over Avatar. JA is right that Cameron is one of those directors who can actually shoulder the expectations of a million blockbuster seeking maniacs. Who would want that? Who could succeed under that pressure? I can't think of many, but if I had to bet on someone, I would give James Cameron the best odds.

Joe: Cameron comes off like such an a-hole that I tend to want him to fail (bizarre considering all the other a-holes who I want to succeed), and I can't imagine how Avatar possibly lives up to the hype, but that's the same thing everybody was saying about Titanic only louder, and he shoved that one back in our faces too.

--- > Cameron with actor Sam Worthington, who will probably be a household name by the end of 2009. He's a crucial figure in would be summer blockbuster Terminator Salvation, the lead in sci-fi epic Avatar and Keira Knightley's husband in the romantic drama Last Night. And they all emerge this year.

Nathaniel: Have you bought into the hype yet, or are you to jaded to care? And do you think Cameron can unite the movie trifecta again: public/critics/Academy?

In case you missed any entries they went like so...
*
We Can't Wait:
#1 Inglourious Basterds, #2 Where the Wild Things Are, #3 Fantastic Mr. Fox,
#4 Avatar, #5 Bright Star, #6 Shutter Island, #7 Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
#8 Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, #9 Nailed,
#10 Taking Woodstock,
#11 Watchmen, #12 The Hurt Locker, #13 The Road, #14 The Tree of Life
#15 Away We Go, #16 500 Days of Summer, #17 Drag Me To Hell,
#18 Whatever Works, #19 Broken Embraces, #20 Nine (the musical)
intro (orphans -didn't make group list)

*
*