Friday, July 10, 2009

Mel Gibson Likes Beavers

When I read the news I wondered if we have time travelled back to April 1st. But no, it's still July 10th and Mel Gibson really is going to portray a homeless man (believable) who feels comfort from wearing a beaver hand puppet (er...) in the movie called The Beaver. Don't ask me. For a split second I was wondering if The Beaver Trilogy ( ♥ ) was about to become a quadrilogy. Wouldn't that be something?

a visualization to haunt your dreams

Mel's Maverick co-star and fellow beaver fan Jodie Foster will direct (goodbye Flora Plum... Get thee back to the attic of unfulfilled dreams!) Jodie will also play his wife. Apparently this was once a Steve Carell project so we're assuming comedy. And given that Jodie's previous comedic directorial effort was Home For the Holidays (I'm a big fan) I suppose I should be excited. I'm halfway there. I'm totally A-OK with hand puppets but... Mel Gibson???
*