Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tour de Gyllenhaal? Tour de Stiller? Tour de Damon?

This is RC from StrangeCultureBlog with some scoops from the Tour de France.

Okay, so I'm not at the Tour, and am scoopless.

Today, the Tour de France ended with Lance Armstrong's return to the race after retiring with seven consecutive wins in 2005. In his return, he came in 3rd behind Astana teammate Alberto Contador.

Since at least 2006 there were Jake Gyllenhaal stalkers and rumors flying about Jake playing the part of Lance Armstrong in a biopic. In 2006 I did a post on my own blog including pictures of Gyllenhaal biking.

The rumors have continued that there would be this Lance Armstrong biopic and that Gyllenhaal is being considered for the part.

Although, since then new names have been added to the list, primarily Matt Damon and Ben Stiller.

Other names I've heard include Chris Pine and Robert Pattinson, but I can't see either of those sticking.

Although three years older, part of me would like to see Daniel Craig "go-American" and play this role, as I think he could have the looks and the right vibe, although if the biopic tells a story of a younger Lance, then maybe it's just out of Craig's range.

Who do you think could nail this role? Gyllenhaal? Stiller? Damon? Someone else?

And what'll this story be about, sports victory, marital difficulties, or thriving in the midst of cancer treatment?

Maybe they were waiting to see if he'd win today his return to Tour and tell an underdog story. I suppose that won't work out.