Monday, November 2, 2009

Posters To Drool On

I can't remember where I read about these amazing posters by Brandon Schaefer -- shame, because I hate not giving credit where it's due -- but I keep clicking back to them. I would love for movie marketing to be graphically enticing like this since the bulk of what's out there is poorly photoshopped floating celebrity heads. But at least we get brilliant poster imaging from adventurous repertory houses, museums and libraries and the like. Some of these posters at Seek and Speak are breathtakingly designed and smartly capitalize on either the title or a memorable image/theme from the film.

Here's a few I loved for The Blair Witch Project, The Dark Knight and Planet of the Apes.


Beautiful, yes? You can see more including clever takes on 8 1/2, Rear Window, Alien and other classic gems or modern hits here.
*
*