Thursday, November 29, 2007

Eeek! I'm So Not Ready For This

After the Gotham Awards and the Indie Spirit Nods and now this first top ten list I’ve seen –excuse me top fifty (geez, dudes. Calm down) it’s safe to say that the awards season has begun. Pretty soon we’re going to see top ten lists and statues passed out along with candies on Halloween.

Paste Magazine (the aforementioned top 50 culprits) are crazy for not a girl not yet a woman Juno and in truth she’s easy to get crazy about (provided your tolerance is very high for precocious fast talking wise cracking affect). I resisted Juno for the first hour but I finally gave up. I wish the film didn’t try as hard as it does --I swear I heard 5 cool songs before the ten minute mark so I was begging for a little less effort to charm me --but by the end it got to me. Love the end. And you really have to end well to be loved, don’t you think?