Saturday, November 24, 2007

Now Playing: Monsters, Princesses, Rock Stars

My Thanksgiving routine is highly unoriginal: I eat too much and then I veg out whilst watching movies. Today I binged on '55 with Rebel Without a Cause (love muchly), Marty (dated) and The Rose Tattoo (nutso!). Tomorrow I'll get to '07 and Enchanted.

L I M I T E D
I'm Not There - Todd Haynes experimental biopic on Bob Dylan is finally strumming and singing in select cities. I'm waiting with bated breath for Nick's reaction since he's a Haynes fanatic expert. (my feelings here)
Starting Out in the Evening a new drama starring Frank Langella and Lauren Ambrose as an writer and graduate student whose lives become intertwined

W I D E
<--- Enchanted -People keep saying that this is Amy Adams "star-making" role. I understand that only a few thousand people saw Junebug but after the hoopla surrounding that performance and the resulting frenzy of love and first Oscar nomination, "star making" feels a teensy redundant. But still: rock on Amy. When we think of you, this movie's title is more than appropriate.
Hitman -bang bang
Stephen King's The Mist -There's something out there in the mist. There's also something creepy inside from the looks of the trailer. Should I see it?
August Rush and This Christmas -Are there to meet your holiday quotient of treacle. It has its time and place. This is most definitely the time.

Did you see anything this weekend after stuffing your face? Or did you merely absorb "sports"? (people do that on holiday weekends, right?)