Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Mood Sweengs (More Todd)

If you add up all of my mood swings in regards to the Sweeney Todd film, I think I qualify for a mental disorder -- schizophrenia, bipolar disorder... something. Is a straitjacket in my future or a padded cell? Check out this very brief snippet of the "Little Priest" number.
Mrs. Lovett: It's priest. Have a little priest.
Sweeney Todd: Is it really good?
Mrs. Lovett: Sir, it's too good, at least!
Then again, they don't commit sins of the flesh,
So it's pretty fresh.
Sweeney Todd: Awful lot of fat.
Mrs. Lovett: Only where it sat.
Sweeney Todd: Haven't you got poet, or something like that?
Mrs. Lovett: No, y'see, the trouble with poet is
'Ow do you know it's deceased?
Try the priest!
There's also snippets of "My Friends" and "Not While I'm Around" among others. I already think I love Helena Bonham-Carter as Mrs. Lovett. Or at least I want to. I've seen Lady Jane and Getting It Right for chrissakes. HBC and I go way the hell back.