Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The One Where We Give Thanks

With ten guests arriving @ our NYC apt for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, you are correct to assume that we have a ton of crap to do. I'm thankful to have wonderful friends to share the holidays with and I'm also thankful to have thousands of you to share daily movie thoughts with. I remain thrilled that when I check statistics I'm seeing more countries than I can ever hope to visit in my lifetime. (Just for kicks, here's a snapshot of about 100 recent visitors from 6 AM EST this morning --was one of them you?)


Well, I'm not thrilled that I can't travel the world but you know what I'm saying. In its own microscopic way the film experience has reach. THANK YOU (and, yes, I meant to shout) for supporting the site with comments, e-mail, donation dollars, enthusiastic reading and your own invaluably specific movie love.

Some other things I'm thankful for (off the top of my head)


Now you know how it goes here --participation! Name some things you are thankful for (off the top of your head), where are you visiting from? Let's hear from the lurkers, too. Even if you don't have a holiday to celebrate, it can't hurt to vocalize the positives.

p.s. I'll be back when my guests have fled. Coming soon: More Oscar talk, more Moulin Rouge!, reader requests, some Golden Globe prospecting (finally), Trips back to 1955 and 1997, an interview with a septugenerian film legend (!) and the usual mix of the serious & silly movie mad writings