Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Yes, No, Maybe?


Hi, Jonathan again with more biopic news. That's Orson Welles on the left and Christian McKay on the right. McKay will be portraying Welles in Me and Orson Welles, set for a 2009 release. Does he look like him? Uh, kinda. McKay's already successfully played Welles on the Broadway stage in Rosebud so I'm not as worried about him as I am about his co-star Zac Efron. I've seen the High School Musicals (yes, god help me I've seen them) and Zac was none too impressive in them but perhaps with a good cast and a good story things will be different. After all, both Richard Linklater and Claire Danes are involved and that could make for a damn good movie. Since I'm obsessed with period pieces based on real people in Hollywood history it's a must see for me either way (this takes place in the thirties during a Mercury Theater Production of Julius Caesar). If you're interested too a word of caution: tread carefully at IMDB - their plot synopsis covers every twist and turn and takes you from the beginning of the story to the end leaving out absolutely nothing ( I already knew the story so it was okay for me but geez).