Sunday, August 17, 2008

Charlize x 4

I enjoyed whipping up my favorite Winona Ryder memories the other day, so here's another tossed off quadruple your pleasure "best of". Herewith my favorite Charlize Theron turns.


  1. Monstrous Aileen Wuornos. I know I recently spoke about this not necessarily being her 'peak'. But I meant that in the futuristic way. For now, it definitely is.
  2. Joleen 'Joleen Joleen Jolee---ee---een. I'm begging of you please don't leave this movie' Sleepwalking (2008) is lost without her. (my review)
  3. Mrs. Lomax in The Devil's Advocate (1997). She's the only thing in the movie that can be taken seriously... despite the overall watchability of its shouty folly.
  4. Supermodel in Woody Allen's Celebrity (1998) --I could just as easily have referenced her work in Woody Allen's The Curse of Jade of the Scorpion. But here's the thing: I'm always trying to forget that the latter film exists at all. Best not to mention it. I apologize.

Charlize is great fun in Woody's often annoying black & white comedy:
I'm polymorphously perverse --it's not a flaw, it's just a weakness --meaning every part of my body gives me sensual pleasure.
If you ask me this "weakness" is exactly what Theron's career needs more of. Polymorphous perversity and sensual pleasure. Bring it on. Quit the frumping around to prove yourself (already done, don'cha know) and bring it on. Too bad Woody didn't stick with Theron seeing as how his recent films have dived uncharacteristically into sexy time.