Monday, February 2, 2009

Link Ho! Link Ho! Aaja aaja jind shamiyaane ke...

Agent Bedhead Eliza Dushku is the latest PETA target
New Yorker David Denby on Oscar's "Best Pictures"
Times Online Slumdog becomes a charity. Is it uncharitable to wonder if this is a really smart move after reports of the production underpaying poverty stricken child actors? Yes it is. So I shan't wonder.
Coming Soon collects the new film teasers/trailers from the Super Bowl
Defamer reacts to the changes for this year's Oscar ceremony -- courtesy of Larry Mark and writer/director Bill Condon


Film Junk on Kung Fu Panda beating WALL•E at the Annies. I haven't mentioned this because a) I don't understand b) I love Kung Fu Panda so I'm sad that it is already hated because of this and c) The Annie gave the top prize to Cars for Christ's sake. How can they justify no top prize for WALL•E? Yuck
In Contention Frost/ Nixon's graphic design template
Guardian interesting piece on the '59 Cannes winning Black Orpheus (I recommend a viewing) and Barack Obama's take on it
Big Screen Little Screen Scorsese's next project after 2009's Shutter Island. No DiCaprio this time.
Just Jared Jake Gyllenhaal in a fedora and scarf on account of... why not?

And a YouTube classic to send you on your way, Legolas + Enya (sigh -thx omg) I can't be the only one who misses Orlando Bloom's pointy ears



Can I?
*