Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Corn Nuttttts!"

This week marks the 20th anniversary of the theatrical release of the classic high school satire Heathers.
Dear Diary, My teen angst bullshit has a body count.
It's quite a formative movie and the primary reason that people of my generation will always consider Winona Ryder's fall from the A-List a lost opportunity for filmmakers and audiences alike. Yet I didn't write about it to celebrate. No, I don't know what my damage is. In the absence of my own commentary read this fine anniversary post at Film.com. My New Plaid Pants is also celebrating in typically sick fashion.

Heathers will be on my personal canon list (the one that will be completed sometime late this century at the rate its developing) but until I get around to it, enjoy the brief group appearance of the Heathers in The Film Experience's classic "She's a B**** at the Movies" video... [NSFW]