Friday, May 8, 2009

May Flowers, Sophia Loren

May Flowers, weeknights @ 11:00

Sophia Loren in her twenties... Voluptuous!


Bizarre but true confession: I think I've only seen three Loren pictures (gasp!) and I only really remember one of them (Robert Altman's Pret-a-Porter, 1994).

Are you a Sophia fan? If so, which movies and performances do you most recommend? I mean besides her Oscar winning role in Two Women (1961).

<--- The movie star in Rome a few months before her 30th birthday (from LIFE Magazine). She turns 75 on September 20th this year. Is this a national holiday in Italy?

More to the contemporary point: Have you made a countdown chart for Nine the Musical yet? I'm tempted to build a 200 piece chain link out of construction paper, hang it on the wall and tear one link off each day until the movie opens. Not that I would know that Nine opens in exactly 200 days . I'm... uh... guessing. That's right. Guessing!


*