Thursday, May 14, 2009

"I only have tender feelings for you, only love!"

Hi, everybody! JA from MNPP here. Y'all know who's turning 40 today, correct? I mean, besides Danny from New Kids on the Block (not that I don't wish Danny from New Kids on the Block a happy birthday, I do, but this is not the place for that, the time and place for that is when I'm lighting candles at the foot of my NKOTB shrine hidden in my closet at home like I do every night before I go to bed and yes I have said too much)...

That's right, it's Cate Blanchett's 40th today! If I were Nathaniel I might interject something here about that's one year for every seventeen films she's made, but I am not Nathaniel, so set those worries aside my fellow Cate lovers. We're here to love unequivocally, quibble-free, the lady deserves every Oscar she can get her frosty fingertips on as far as I'm concerned.

For Miss Blanchett's birthday just last year I did a post listing my five favorite performances of hers and my list hasn't changed since then (let us not speak of Benjamin Button ever, please), so I'll refrain from any listing spectacle of that sort. Instead, let's just soak for a moment in her visual splendor since the camera's always doing that sort of thing...


My god! Her face! Her face! Sorry to spazz out, but... well, her face! Sublime, she is sublime. End geek-out. I could just stare at that face for hours on end. So here's to forty more years of haunting us with that bone structure lady! And another forty on top of that! Blanchett forever!
.