Sunday, May 31, 2009

May. It's a Wrap

One more month and the year is half over! Yikes. I only have six months left to churn out some fantastic life-saving (my life anyway) "best of the decade" book for you to purchase. In case you missed anything, here's the best of May.


The Blockbuster Loop I buried the lead. Everyone thought it was about Christian Bale but what I really wanted to discuss was the loop!
May Flowers
My favorites were Vertigo and My Fair Lady. Yours?
9 for Nine I should talk about this everyday given your enthusiasm.
Juliette Binoche JA thinks she's the "best crier" in cinema. A lively discussion followed.
Terminator a retrospective and the debut vodcast.

'Precioussssss' the new movie looks great but I can't stop thinking about the white poodle and the girl in the pit.
John Cameron Mitchell on Nicole Kidman
"a stradivarius"
Signatures: Jamie Lee Curtis Adam chose a truly undervalued actress to celebrate.
Cannes Coverage the most we've done. If only I'da been there.
Triple Crowner this one was for the awards freaks. Who's next: Jane Fonda, Geoffrey Rush, Marcia Gay Harden, Dianne Wiest or John Lithgow?


In June: MERYL STREEP MONTH
Both serious and un postings (thrice ? weekly) about America's most acclaimed actress, her co-stars, her filmography. For those who share Katharine Hepburn's "click, click, click" reservations about Meryl's work, Streepless posting will continue. Topics to include: Sam Rockwell in Moon, Michelle Pfeiffer in Chéri, Sam Mendes' Away We Go, the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall riots, Woody Allen's Whatever Works
This week:
Oscar prediction updates