Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'm A Barbie Boy In A Lego World

.
JA from MNPP here, addressing the big news of the day: making all of our deepest darkest dreams-we-didn't-even-know-we-had come true, they're trying to make a movie about Legos. Cue the brass-band and the flaming-baton-throwers! Hollywood is throwing a parade and it's marching straight down to Hell, do not pass Go, do not collect 200 million dollars.

"Movies based on toys couldn't be hotter in Hollywood, with nearly every studio adapting playthings for the bigscreen.

Now count Warner Bros. as one of those studios: WB is toying with plans to develop a movie around Lego and its popular building blocks.

Scribes Dan and Kevin Hageman are penning the script for the family comedy that will mix live action and animation. Warners is keeping the plot tightly under wraps, but it's described as an action adventure set in a Lego world."

This is where I mentally (Nat doesn't like it when I type curse words on his blog) hurl every nasty curse I can imagine in the general direction of Pirates of the Carribbean, Transformers, and G.I. Joe for being successful.

"... The f - it -flam - flames. Flames, on the side of my face,
breathing-breathl- heaving breaths. Heaving breath... "

Redundant groans about Hollywood's bankrupt brain aside, my first thought when confronted with this news was actually an impossibly sunny one: Hire Michel Gondry and make it look like this!

.

.

That won't happen, and I'm not sure I could stare at 90 minutes of that on a large screen, but still, Legos have brought the world their own sort of visual splendor in the not-so-distant past. It's important to look at the good side of Life! (And I mean The Game of Life, of course.)

What game are you anxiously awaiting a film based off of? Hungry Hungry Hippos? Guess Who? I actually dreamt up my own yesterday oddly enough.
.