Saturday, August 15, 2009

Swingers

I wish I could embed images into post titles. A little martini glass, in this case.

Mike: I thought Caesars was one of the dope spots?
Trent: Back in the day this place was a real contender. But now they'll appreciate the business. They'll probably fall over themselves for a couple of high class guys like you and me.

[a couple of minutes later]
Dealer: Perhaps you'd be more comfortable at one of our lower stakes tables?
I don't think I've ever once mentioned Swingers (1996) on The Film Experience but I love it. Why wasn't it nominated for Screenplay at the Oscars that year? Too indie, perhaps. It's better than Shine at any rate.

Jon Favreau pre weight gain and Iron Man. Vince Vaughn pre weight gain and bankability (but still his best performance, no?). Ron Livingston pre post-it note breakups with Carrie Bradshaw. Heather Graham pre Rollergirl. Plenty of well earned laughs throughout. A great soundtrack.

And look at all the beautiful babies...

*