Saturday, August 22, 2009

thefilmexperience.net

...is currently down. I've been reluctant to let it go for sentimental reasons -- [sniffle] it's where it all began -- and it's not gone for good (Sept 1st) but the costs have proven inhibitive as readership has risen over the years. Basically what meager profits I earn go to paying off overage expenditures. Finances are such that I can't afford overages anymore and am unable to accrue them.


I'm apparently too big to not be generating profit and too small to generate real profit and thus stuck in an endless non-profitable oroborus loop. The hosting site tells me that the podcasts are one of the biggest bandwidth drains which is weird because I wasn't sure anyone was listening and I haven't recorded one in awhile. I wanted them available as mp3s in case people didn't have iTunes but should I revive the audio casts, I guess I'll have to go iTunes only (which I don't have to pay for) or figure out a way to host them elsewhere?

Anyway... I apologize for the banality of this behind-the-scenes melodrama. It's not directed by Douglas Sirk and the leading lady is not glamorously unhappy... just financially depressed. The site will be back up on September 1st but by necessity I'll have to strip out some of its back content, podcasts and photos and such to prevent bandwidth overage$. I guess. I'll be tinkering.

The site will be back up on September 1st with updated Oscar prediction charts and the like. My apologies.