Friday, February 22, 2008

Final Oscar Predictions

I confess: this has been a somewhat haphazard year of Oscar coverage for me. I was really raring to go at nomination time but then... where did the time and obsession go? In an odd turn of events I think the general quality of the shortlists (so little to be infuriated by this year) prevented me from becoming too enthralled with the race. In several cases I'd be happy with more than one winner. It's hard to root for anyone in particular when you love a lot of them and when you can't even decide who you would vote for yourself (Viggo vs. Daniel / No Country vs. There Will Be Blood --both are toss-ups)


Nevertheless, predict I must.

FINAL PREDICTIONS
Read and report back? How wrong am I? ...or maybe you're more charitable and think me a wise Oscar prophet this year! (Hey I was right about Laura Linney in January)

What say ye?
*