Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fundraiser Thank You (Last Call)

Last year the fundraiser was three weeks long and a big success, saving my obsessive writer's neck for a short while. This year, I had planned a big one later but the sudden issues (to put it politely) with the big site and my hosting company rushed me into a quickie. It's not three weeks long ~let's wrap up tonight. I know it's Oscar season and that's what'chu want.

To anybody who has donated or plans to donate or wishes they could donate: Thank You! Sincerely. I like you too. I really really like you. You've been kind and helped stave off the immediate dogs involving TFE's overhead... I'll worry about other funding issues later [for those who wonder: overhead for writers is time and their own money --in this case the money was an actual bandwidth problem at thefilmexperience.net, which this blog was meant to merge with post Oscars --more on that merging later]

Here's a final incentive if you want to help out, a stinky incentive! StinkyLulu, one of my best blog buds and a very kind soul, has just told me he is pledging me $5 for every prediction I get right for this weekend's Oscar ceremony and he encourages others to do the same. YIKES and YAY. My predictions will be up on Friday at the latest. He probably knows that I never score 100% and so he won't owe me $120 when it's over with at 11:00 PM 11:15 PM? 11:30?


UPDATE: he also graciously offered the first three people who donated $35 from this post, their choice of a supporting actress profile on his blog. So, Drew, Mark and Stephen (Thank you x 3) now get to choose any single performance they want Stinky to profile. If you've read those profiles you know how thorough and well articulated they are. Enjoy.






UPDATE: George, the first person who donated $75, gets to choose which Oscar year Stinky will be covering for the month of April @ the Supporting Actress Smackdown at Lulu's blog. So a big thank you to George and to Stinky for offering the prize. Here's an index of past years. Stinky profiles all five nominees and then assembles a team of rotating bloggers to fight about who should have won that year. [Psssst. He's always looking for newbies if you're a web writer and interested in being on a panel] I'll let you know which year George chooses when I hear!