Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm Finished

...with the exhaustive annual nominations that the Film Experience doles out each January and February. This year took me a bit longer than usual for whatever reason. Oops. I do this huge collection partly for you but I also do it for me. I like to catalogue... and I like to think of it as a scrapbook of memories from each film year. And of course I hope that people are using them for rental ideas after the fact.



The nominations are the fun part for me. The medals are even more excruciating and there isn't one year past that I don't wish I could go back and change things --I'll announce them Thursday I guess. But each year is a time capsule for how I felt right then. And here is the time capsule, complete, for how I feel now.

Page 1 Picture, Director Screenplays
Page 2 Acting, Lead and Supporting
Page 3 Technicals (cinematography, etcetera
Page 4 Technicals (original score, etcetera) and here ends my "Oscar ballot" if you will...
the extras
Page 5 Line Readings, Cameos, Ensembles, etcetera
Page 6 Divas, Villains, Heroes
Page 7 Musical Moments, Action Sequences
Page 8 Openings, Endings, Credits, and the statistics...
Page 9 Mash-ups and Readers Polls (this page still in progress -voting ends at midnight on Thursday 02/21)