Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Ten x Two: Music & Movies

10 things I'm listening to
  • Alanis Morrissette's "Flavors of Entanglement"
  • The Dresden Dolls
  • <--- Jennifer Hudson's "Spotlight"
  • people incessantly talking about The Dark Knight
  • Gwen Stefani "Wind it Up" it wouldn't have had such staying power for me 'cept that I have a thing for "The Lonely Goatherd"
  • Pandora
  • Pink "I'm Not Dead" --this CD never never never gets old. It's so good.
  • Coldplay
  • Jay Brannan "Goddamned"
  • Madonna "Give it 2 Me" -I hate the video. It has to be the laziest she's ever made. Borrow a little from "Hung Up". Pose a lot. 'It's a wrap'! Ugh. What's up with that?
*
10 embarrassing confessions
  • I had a Lindsay Lohan calendar. I looked at it all the time --->
  • I look for signs of open mouth or tongue when I watch old movie kisses.
  • I sometimes think that Hilary Swank is pretty.
  • I wish Madonna would try acting again.
  • I judge parenting skills in movie theaters constantly. Cut to: Late night The Dark Knight screening. Cute little 5 year old boy a row in front of me screams when he first sees Harvey Dent's disfigurement. His mom leans over and says "SHUT UP!" He whimpers quietly each subsequent time Two Face turns his zombie side to the camera. More "shut ups" follow. Nice parenting a**hole.
  • I have never seen The Godfather Part II
  • I don't always stay for all the credits when a movie ends.
  • Once in a dream Uma Thurman told me I had to choose between herself and Juliette Lewis for sexy time. I hesitated and Uma was pissed. (She slept with me anyway)
  • I still love Kirsten Dunst (this is going to be a problem again when How to Lose Friends and Alienate People starts stinking up the multiplex)
  • As an Oscar obsessed teenager I once superstitiously decided that I would literally die once I finally got around to seeing Grand Hotel (1932). I have no idea how I came to this weird premonition but I kept passing it in the video store and started feeling guilty for not renting it. Maybe that's how. Whatever. I didn't die when I saw it a few years ago. I watched it again for the Best Picture series and now I am worried again. I'm not leaving the house today for fear of freak accidents! What's up with that?

Please share embarrassing confessions in the comments so I don't feel so desperately alone. "I am alone... I am *utterly* alone." Either that or tell us what you're boppin' around to on your iPod.
*