Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Dream of Celebrity

In slumberland I was at an exclusive celebrity shindig directly following a mega budget photo shoot by David LaChapelle that I had starred in (Thank you id! Be silent superego). Details are fuzzy but I saw/spoke with Jackie Beat, Judy Davis, Tahmoh Penikett, Rufus Wainwright, Terence Stamp and Marisa Tomei. One can't imagine the filofax that would contain each and all of them but it surely belongs to an oneirologist.

I shared a table with Olivia Newton-John and Cyndi Lauper who both smiled at me simultaneously. For a split second I was 10 and unimaginably happy but then I became my jaded adult self again. I tried not to mention that the dream would have been better if Madonna had been seated between them. The last thing I remember was chatting up Reese Witherspoon. I told her that her drink looked like a candy cane and she laughed. Her civilian guest glared at me, angry to see her meal ticket's attention temporarily diverted.

I didn't want to wake up.

Who is the last celebrity to make an appearance in your dreams?
(Not the daydream variety. We'd be here all day!)