Saturday, March 14, 2009

One Long Day in the Big Apple City


Shhhhhhh. Dorothy has had a long day. As a 'Friend of...' I share in her exhaustion so I'll be back to blogging tomorrow. But first...

Cast This!
See in truth I'm not dozing with the poppies. I'm actually off to see Wicked for the second time (I haven't seen it since the original cast. It's years later so....wish me luck. You know how these Broadway shows depreciate). When they make the inevitable movie version about Glinda and the Wicked Witch's pre Dorothy days who would you like to see cast as the bubbly good witch and her moody green skinned frenemy? They'd need to be 20something, charismatic and gifted at both singing, pathos and comedy. Who should play their carefree mutual love interest Fiyero? And finally which classic old stars would you love to see dragged out of movie retirement and into those plum supporting parts (Madame Morrible and The Wizard)? Who could possibly make it into a great movie in the director's chair? He/She would have to be wizardly, too.