Monday, April 14, 2008

The Link Before Her Eyes

Alternative Film Guide A special screening of The Piano in LA next Monday with supporting actor Cliff Curtis and the films casting director present. If any reader here attends, please e-mail me: I'd love to share your adventure right here!
MTV Movies Blog
John Cho on playing Sulu in the new Star Trek. I don't think I've ever shared this but as a child I hated Star Trek (long story) but loved me some Sulu. With John Cho playing him, perhaps history will repeat?
Defamer "Three things you know you want to know about Sex and the City The Movie even though you'd never admit it"
Guardian Unlimited John Patterson has an intriguing piece up on where American filmmakers should look for inspiration in their horror filmmaking
Topless Robot Exclusive: Indiana Jones' college syllabus
NYT seems my home state of Michigan has a silver lining to all its dark economic clouds. Hollywood can use its empty buildings to shoot movies
eMackinations has a "manOFF": Ryan Reynolds vs. Steve Dorff [NFSW]

I'm loving that John Malkovich (one of those top ten weirdo actors) is now Bathing With Bierko...


One episode isn't much to go on but I can't wait to see who joins Craig Bierko in the tub next. I dug Bierko's tiny attention span jazz musician in Sex & the City, I'm always rooting for Broadway's song & dance actors to make it in mainstream movies and I ignored Russell Crowe's bitchy Bierko-bashing during the whole Cinderella Man brouhaha (he played Crowe's rival and it wasn't friendly during the press tour). I've always enjoyed this actor and I love that he's doing something so oddball online.