Friday, April 4, 2008

"The only thing more terrifying than blindness is being the only one that can see"

I sometimes look around the web and I'm astonished at how freely people use their entertainment blogs as free advertising outlets for certain shows, artists and movies. Publicists sometimes send out plain old commercials and people actually post them with not even a smidgeon of commentary or point- of-view just the advertisement... "Watch this show tonight" as a post. The commercial gets seen and nobody gets paid. It's such a great con --pretty hilarious and savvy of multi-billion dollar corporations if you ask me.

That said, when it comes to certain films I look forward to I too must plead guilty on occassion. I mean, I've talked about Blindness how many times now?, and it doesn't even come out until the fall. I love the book so much. And the cast. You can see THE COMMERCIAL (also known as "a trailer") now. [thanks Cal]

Is it wrong that I love Julianne Moore most when she's utterly miserable?


Whether its crying jags over a custody battle, horrifying allergic reactions to everything, desperation to escape a loveless marriage and a needy child, or religious faith that rips her from the arms of her lover ... I need my Julie Anne Smith to suffer* and Blindness shall provide.
*
* Julianne doesn't know this yet (it's kind of a one sided relationship) but we're totally getting back together as soon as she's the star of a great movie again. If you know of a good marriage counsellor whose willing to see just one half of an imaginary couple, please pass me their card!