Saturday, April 26, 2008

Now Playing: Helen Hunt by Helen Hunt for Helen Hunt

I'm too busy festivaling to see anything opening now. But please do share in the comments if you have or will...

L I M I T E D
Then She Found Me -Helen Hunt wrote, directed, starred and also-- just see for yourself --designed the poster. I'm guessing... but Bette Midler forced to kneel before a glowing benelovent Hunt? The religious implications --the pop cultural implications! It's enough to sap my will to live. But if I don't go on then the Helen Hunt has already won.
Deal -Burt Reynolds is back. Not that you asked for him. He's playing a gambler.
Rogue -Was it my imagine or did the trailer (ages ago) used to hide what the killer was in this movie and now the poster has a huge freaking crocodile head on it. From the director of Wolf Creek and that apparently means something to some people. Here's a question for the ages: How does Radha Mitchell get so much work? I have nothing against or for her for that matter... but it's curious, don'cha think?
Standard Operating Procedure -Errol Morris investigates the Abu Ghraib photos
A Plum Summer -This has something to do with a kidnapped puppet and two young brothers and the FBI and it's also a true story and family film. What?

W I D E
Baby Mama -Tina Fey gets Amy Poehler preggers. Will hilarity follow? Well Mean Girls and 30 Rock sure bust me up
Deception -Hugh Jackman is a bad bad man. Ewan McGregor (and everyone who watched the trailer) finds out! Meanwhile, how sexy does Michelle Williams look? Very
Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay -What Would Neil Patrick Harris Do?