Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Beauty Break: Uma Thurman

roughly twenty years ago...


My god, that face. It was meant to be silver screened. Such strange beauteous character.

P.S. Yes, she's still got it.

P.S. 2 I'm guessing she's wrapped filming by now on her role as "Medusa" in the adaptation of the children's fantasy series Percy Jackson & the Olympians since Medusa doesn't seem to have a large role if the official website is to be trusted. This book series about a "half blood" boy sent to a magical boarding school summer camp for demi-gods sounds suspiciously / plagiaristically Harry Potter-esque. But maybe they just market everything to sound like Harry Potter these days? I'm not sure about the Medusa casting. The only way Uma's face turns this viewer to stone is in the figurative sense... I'm frozen in my seat. I've never been able to look away.