Friday, June 19, 2009

Check Mate

And now for something completely random. I haven't played chess for, like, 11 years. How about you? My favorite character are the knight and the rook but playing always stressed me out.


Nevertheless, I would accept if Joe Wright challenged me. I just wouldn't tell him that despite loving his first two movies (Pride & Prejudice, Atonement) I couldn't bring myself to see his third (The Soloist). I walked by a movie theater a couple of weeks ago and the poster was still in the window and I became confused. It was still open??? Or is the movie theater slow with the poster turnover?

Have you ever had that experience... the one where you totally love people involved with a movie, but you just can't bring yourself to see it? I can't even imagine putting The Soloist on my rental queue for its DVD release. What gives?