Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Father Link (plus Sherlock Holmes)

<-- Jude Law with his daughter.

Anne Thompson
Father's Day Favorites
A Socialite's Life "Hollywood's Hottest Dads"
By Ken Levine entertainments to avoid on father's day
Pop Hangover Dad Awards (television related)
In Contention
Top 10 Movies I Watched With My Dad
previous post What movie reminds you of your Dad? Join in the comment sharing.

And more Jude Law because I'm in the mood. Not that that particular mood is infrequent... quite the contrary. Here's the new character posters for Sherlock Holmes. I realize I've put them in reverse billing order but in my world Jude Law goes before Robert Downey Jr (not a knock on the always entertaining RDJ, just a preference) so it's elementary that Dear Watson goes first.


Billing is often so weird. Did you know, for example that Debra Winger had top billing in Terms of Endearment over Maclaine and Nicholson? (That's on my brain because of the 1982/1983 Oscar rundown).

I'm sure it made sense at the time...
*
related article: Jude Law #1 Actor of the Aughts 2000-2005. Please note: this list will be revised in January 2010 to reflect the entire decade.