Monday, June 29, 2009

My Sister's Keeper and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

<-- One day Katey and I will upgrade with a greenscreen and a better mic (one day!) so I've visualized a greenscreen effect here. I've added magic Transformers symbols behind us... just for fun. I feel like I need magical decoding symbols to understand the Transformers phenomenon. What do millions upon millions upon millions of people see in Michael Bay's "films"? In less than one week's time it's already the #3 movie of the year and will easily slaughter the numbers for the beautiful Up and the entertaining Star Trek. *sniffle*

2009 Top Ten (thus far)
  1. Up $250 and climbing
  2. Star Trek $246 and winding down
  3. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $200 in just five days
  4. Monsters vs. Aliens $195
  5. The Hangover $183 and climbing
  6. X-Men Origins: Wolverine $177
  7. Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian $163 and winding down
  8. Fast and Furious $155
  9. Paul Blart: Mall Cop $146
  10. Taken $144
Michael Bay is truly a god of carnage. Unfortunately the cinema is his target. I feel like someone should block my access to box office sites. In this case, ignorance might be bliss and it's cheaper than anti-depressants.

Ah, but I exaggerate for effect. I didn't actually see the giant robots so I'm just assuming that it's as terrible and its success as disheartening as the hilariously hateful reviews indicate. Katey did see it and she despairs at me herein. We also review My Sister's Keeper, Cameron Diaz's cancer weepie. It's a total grumpfest on the vodcast today.