Sunday, June 21, 2009

Stweeps #3

More Meryl Streep Tweets. Yay, Sunday filler!


I love the variety of emotions Meryl brings out in people: reverence (wallpaper) awestruck fear (brain eating!), overrated annoyance (poopy), respect (badass)


Meryl Streep @ 600! Hee. It's a retrospective that only Methusaleh could write.


Agnes Moorehead???? No one ever speaks of her but I smile on the rare occasions that people do. If you've never seen The Magnificent Ambersons (1942) you must. I know it's hard to find (every time I search for it I get the blasphemous remake) but Moorehead gives one of the best performances of all time -- it's more than worth seeking out.

frannylovesfigs was right. It looks like Meryl really is on the cover of is Mastering the Art of French Cooking but please tell me that's a removal paper wrap? I love Meryl but if that's an actual cover that's so wrong. Julia Child... RESPECT.

Tomorrow (June 22nd) is Meryl's actual 60th birthday. We'll have a celebratory post and video and then a couple days break from Streep -- there's current cinema to discuss -- before we wrap up Meryl Month (June 11th ~ July 10th). I got off to a late start, so we're extending through July 10th.