Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Brief Conversation About AVATAR

Joe Reid: "Only a biased and out of touch voting body would ignore this film." Take it down a notch, Awards Daily, damn. I'm not going to be able to endure the Avatar aftermath, am I?


Nick Davis: The antidote is to drink pure champagne for 2 hours, which is what it's like to watch Meryl Streep in It's Complicated. Yay!

The other antidote will be if Avatar is actually as good as people are suddenly saying.

Joe: My fear is, after these reviews, anything can be as good as they're saying.

Nick: Off to that movie where Matt Damon takes off his rugby shirt, and thereby heals a nation.

Katey Rich: I am about to see Avatar. I will give you the only opinion you need on whether or not this movie is good. OBEY ME.

Joe: Godspeed! I'm sorry your eyeballs will never be the same!

Katey: It's not just my eyeballs. CINEMA will never be the same!

Joe: That's right! In that case, have fun at the Avaglomb!

[3 hours later]

Nathaniel R: My eyeballs are DEFINITELY not the same. But I suspect that has a little more to do with the fact that I chased a Darphin Facial with a 3hour 3D movie than the quality of said movie. My eyes have been red, puffy and runny ever since. I think some errant oils and oxygenating serums entered them.

As for the movie: Wha...Uhhhhaa-oooh! whahuhOOHHHhhhAAARGHhhh WHOO ai'yi'yi' Yeehaw (heh) SNIFFLEaAAAHHHhhhhHHTa-da!

Yes, that was my review.

Katey: Can my review just be one of those Na'vi "ai yi yi!" battle cries? I loved it. Cameron and his warrior women forever.


Joe: Wow. Well that did it. My expectations have officially been raised. God help me.

Katey: Oscar has to go for it, right?

Nathaniel: I am going to say a tentative "yes" on Oscar going for it. And now my dream of an ex-husband / ex-wife faceoff for the first time in any category can see the light of day!

Katey: I am SO excited about Bigelow vs. Cameron. Maybe I'm secretly an Us Weekly editor?

Joe: There could NOT be a better time for me to pitch my Linda Hamilton/Suzy Amis remake of "Thelma & Louise"!

Nick: Y'all are crazy. I did get my Avatar ticket for next Friday this morning, before spending four hours with Matt, Morgan, a princess, and a frog. My eyeballs are definitely still the same.
*