Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Two Ladies.


Just this shot alone, courtesy of Zimbio, makes me love Tom Ford's A Single Man a teensy bit more. (I need no boost to love Madonna. That part comes naturally. I think I was born that way... loving her.) Come to think of it -- and no knock on my also-beloved Julianne Moore -- but the marinated aging party-girl role of "Charley" is just the type of role that Madonna could nail onscreen. Especially in a movie that puts images first. Madonna's a natural at image-making and posing for them, too. Plus, she's practiced that British accent forever.

Julianne laughs at my casting switcheroo.

She makes a dirty joke and LAUGHS about it!

But whatever, Jules, I think it's kind of brilliant. Stop giggling. I'm serious. Madonna totally coulda done it. Not that she would've won the same Oscar buzz in the part.


*