Thursday, March 4, 2010

Final (?) Oscar Predictions

<--- Sandra Bullock goes Na'Vi. I made this just because. What's wrong with me?

You want the final predictions, don'cha? I may panic and change one or two of these on Saturday night @ 8 PM (if I don't change anything by then, these are final final). I'm still toying with calling Meryl Streep over Sandra Bullock for example in Best Actress. That's not because I want to be different but because I genuinely feel it's possible. The only award Sandra won that Streep didn't was SAG (and Streep had just won that the year before. Were they likely to repeat? But herewith my predictions on what and who will going to win the biggest movie prize of all on Sunday night.

It's also your last 24 hours to vote on the readers polls so have at them.

And for those who asked. I have updated the pages for Supporting Actress and Lead Actress to reflect that feature y'all love so much "how did they get nominated?"

Finally, here's the Spanish animated short that I'm rooting for (and predicting) for Best Animated Short. It's called La Dama y La Muerte and it was produced by Antonio Banderas. Whaddya know? I lurve the design of the Gaston-like doctor and his identical nurses. And there's plenty of good visual jokes. Cerebrus! But, that said, the short film categories are always so tough to predict...