Saturday, March 6, 2010

Random Saturday Evening Thoughts

I've been cleaning the apartment, making party favors, half watching Oscar specials on TV and shopping to prep for the party. No time for writing (sorry!) and anyway I'm running on fumes for this year's big night. Herewith a few random thoughts...
  • Watching Quentin Tarantino spazz out over love of cinema this and that on Charlie Rose's Oscar special. The Boyfriend says "If Tarantino didn't exist Joss Whedon would have invented him." Ha ha. So random. And, yet, so true. He is like an evil genius pop culture geek.
  • Oprah special. Penélope Cruz's favorite movie is . Who knew? I don't think Halle Berry has seen it. She made one of those non-committal mmmm noises when Pe mentioned it. And then they talked about how amazing Glenn Close was in Fatal Attraction, Halle's favorite movie. Which... yes. Glenn Close is on this same special talking about just that. This is the second time I've had the special on in the background and I just hate watching Glenn's face while Michael Douglas is talking about his two Oscar wins. (sigh) The world is stone.
  • Was burning a mix CD of this year's movie tunes. Turns out Precious and Fantastic Mr. Fox make for awesome interstitials and The Best Original Song category is slightly more hideous than I had allowed myself to see... hear. My ears!
  • I believe this is the first time I haven't completed my own awardage before Oscar night which is terribly frustrating but sigh the scrapbooking of each cinematic year is a circuitous journey. It gets there when it gets there.
  • Legally Blonde is playing in the background and it's still such an adorable cartoon. I want to love Reese Witherspoon in something again real soon.
  • Maybe Michelle Pfeiffer is going to be presenting at the Oscars after all? This interview with one of the show writers implies as much.
How are you spending Oscar Eve?