Sunday, March 7, 2010

WWCW?

What Will Carey Wear?
If any actress this year has been prepped to be a new fashion icon, it's Carey Mulligan. This has more than a little to do with "star is born!" hoopla (more than hype) and "next Audrey Hepburn" nonsense (such pressure!). Even if her clothes don't always fit (as the Fug Girls have griped) She's had quite An Education in red carpet this past year. I imagine the pressure is on to be the Best Dressed Best Actress at the Oscars tonight.

I bet if you pie chart her color choices these past several months black is incredibly dominant, with red being a close second. So I'm guessing she plays it sleek/safe tonight. Which is fine. I'm just hoping the future performances don't play it like that. Go for the gold every time, Carey.

I'm so looking forward to her next few years. She's already wrapped shooting on two 2010 pictures: the sequel Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (I'm hoping they don't try to sell us on "Greed is Good" again. Bitter pill considering...) and the dramatic literary adaptation Never Let Me Go.

Most Likely To Return To the Kodak in Feb/March 2011?
*